terça-feira, 6 de novembro de 2012

Lucy Liu cover girl of Michigan Avenue magazine




"Hot on the heels of her new movie "The Man with the Iron Fists" opening in theaters, Lucy Liu garnered herself some added exposure by covering the November 2012 issue of Michigan Avenue magazine.
The 43-year-old actress looked stunning in gold dress for the Andrew Eccles shot front page while opening up about everything from her collegiate experience to working with famous directors.
A few highlights from Miss Liu's interview are as follows. For more, be sure to pay a visit to Michigan Avenue!
The Article
On working with Director Quentin Tarantino:
"When I first met him, we went to Toi, this rock ’n’ roll Thai restaurant on Sunset Boulevard. We sat down at the table, and he started describing the character of O-Ren Ishii [from Kill Bill], acting out all the parts, the fake laughs, the sound effects... and I’m there eating my pad thai, trying to eat casually, but I feel like I’m a stunned audience member. If somebody is that excited to tell you something, it really is incredible how much you can learn from him or her. You can’t replicate that kind of passion."

On what she was like as a child:
"I grew up as a tomboy, and if you’ve seen photographs of me as a child, you see my mother cut all of my hair off. I had no hair: Picture Sinéad O’Connor with a two-week grow-out. I was not considered feminine at all, and boys did not look at me. I was a toothpick."

On graduating from the University of Michigan:
"It was the first time I was away from home, and I was able to choose for myself what I wanted to study, what different classes I wanted to take, and what I wanted to eat... It was the beginning of adulthood for me, and that transition was so pivotal and incredibly challenging."


(SOURCE: http://celebrity-gossip.net/lucy-liu/lucy-liu-covers-michigan-avenue-november-2012-756017)