sábado, 3 de novembro de 2012

Laura Linney cover girl of Gotham magazine



"With her new movie "Hyde Park on Hudson" set to hit theaters on December 7th, Laura Linney pitched in on promotions by covering the November 2012 issue of Gotham magazine.
The 48-year-old actress dressed up in designer items of the likes of Lorry Newhouse and CH Caroline Herrera for the Brain Bowen Smith shot front page while opening up about everything from keeping movie set memorabilia to her busy schedule.
A few highlights from Miss Linney's interview are as follows. For more, be sure to pay a visit to Gotham!
On being away from home:
"I am, I’m all over the place. I’m on a press circuit, so I was in Telluride and Toronto then I went to North Carolina. My father [playwright Romulus Linney] passed away a year and a half ago, and his archive was opened at Appalachian State University; I went down and helped celebrate that. Then I go to Boston to do the intros to Masterpiece Classic, and then I start filming The Big C right after that."

On taking souvenirs from her movie sets:
"I do try to take one little thing. I have a tea cup from one movie…. Whenever I go to London, which is one of my favorite places to work, actually, I always go to the Buckingham Palace gift shop and buy one of those commemorative mugs, so I have my crazy collection, which I am very fond of. I do try and save a button or a piece of fabric, or every once in a while there’s a painting on the set that I take a shine to, and I’ll ask the production department if I can buy it. I have the ring that I wore in The Savages. You do want to be able to hold something because even though you can look at film and hold a piece of it in your hand, it’s not tangible. It’s the experience that you want to keep a little bit with you."

On how she got to know her "Hyde Park on Hudson" character:
"My character, Margaret “Daisy” Suckley, was a real person and fortunately for me, she lived to be [almost] 100 years old and her family home, Wilderstein, is a museum on the Hudson River. There are all these letters that she and Franklin D. Roosevelt exchanged, so you can certainly learn a lot from the letters and their back-and-forth, but more than anything, really what helped me was being able to go into her bedroom and see what she surrounded herself by. She woke up every morning to a lithograph portrait of FDR across from her bed. She slept in a little single bed, and next to that was a vitrine filled with little knickknack-y things that he had bought for her from around the world. Then on her bookshelf, there were a lot of books about health, mysticism, and largerthan- life characters like Napoleon. She was the one who gave FDR (his Scottish Terrier) Fala, which, for some reason, that blew my mind more than anything."


(SOURCE: http://celebrity-gossip.net/laura-linney/laura-linney-covers-gotham-november-2012-754295)