sexta-feira, 19 de outubro de 2012

Chasing Mavericks cast














"Based on the inspirational true story of surfing icon Jay Moriarty (Jonny Weston), "Chasing Mavericks" tells the story of a young man's quest to surf Northern California's most dangerous wave, and the local legend who takes him under his wing.
Butler - who also took on the role of producer for the sports drama - previously spoke with MTV about why he chose to invest so much of himself into this particular project.
Of this, the 42-year-old Scottish stud said, "I love to be able to produce, especially if it's a project that you really believe in, and this was very much a passion project for me. When you're producing, you have a chance to get even more involved and have more of a say in the creative process at all levels actually, that's what got me about it."
"But from the second I got the script and I read it, one, it's a very powerful and emotional and inspiring story, but two, it really dives into the psyche and the danger and the courage in the sport of surfing and that was something I'd never really seen before in a major feature film. I thought, 'I want to be part of telling that story. It would be an honor for me to step in there and really try and represent what goes on in the mind and heart of a big-wave surfer,'" Gerard added of his new movie, which rides into cinemas on October 26th."
(SOURCE: http://celebrity-gossip.net/chasing-mavericks/gerard-butlers-gnarlatious-night-chasing-mavericks-premiere-745986)